This is a Mayor Official Website
Mayor Luigi Boria was born on April 23, 1958 in Caracas, Venezuela to Italian parents who had emigrated there in search of a better life. He was educated in the public school system of Caracas. After completing high school, he accepted a position with General Motors Corporation where he earned money to pay his way through college.
In 1982, Luigi graduated from Universidad Católica Andres Bello in Venezuela where he earned a degree in accounting. Upon graduation, Luigi married his college sweetheart, Graciela. They have been married for 34 years and they have two children—Alexander and Maria Lorena, and five grandchildren. In 1983, he opened his first company in Caracas, TMC-The Magic Computer. In 1989, Luigi made the decision to move to the United States and expand his business. He and his family settled in Doral, Florida where Luigi opened his second company TWC-The Wise Computer. TWC is a distributor of computers, printers, computer parts, and accessories. Twenty seven years later, TWC employs more than 30 people in Doral.
Luigi and his family have resided in Doral for over twenty seven years. For Luigi, Doral will always be home. It is this deep love for the City of Doral that first prompted Luigi to consider running for the City Council and then for Mayor of Doral.
Some of his experience includes:
- City of Doral Mayor from 2012 –Present
- NALEO Lifetime Member (1st Venezuelan - born Mayor in the U.S.)
- Board of Directors International Affairs & Transportation Committee - U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Florida League of Mayors.
- Member of the Business Committee - Florida League of Cities.
- Member of the Transportation Committee - MDCLC.
- Member of the Citizen's Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC)
- Board of Directors - Beacon Council Miami-Dade County.
- City of Doral Councilman from 2010-2012.
- Doctor Honoris Causa - Divinity (Logos University)
- Doctor Honoris Causa - Public Business Administration (Universidad Autonoma del Caribe)
- Licensed pastor Alpha and Omega Church, 2007-Present.
- Director Joseph Business School 2009-2015.
- President of Fairways Home Association from 2004-2009.
- President of Westport Association 1996-2009.
- Ordained as a Pastor since 2009 Alpha & Omega Church.
- Teacher at the Bible School of Alpha & Omega since 2005.
- General Motors of Venezuela 1976 through 1982.